Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Passengers Stop Flight After 'Drunk' Pilot Sparks Panic

It is normally a moment of cheery reassurance when an airline pilot greets passengers during preparations for take-off. But Alexander Cheplevsky sparked panic on flight Aeroflot 315 when he began to speak. "I don't think there's anyone in Russia who doesn't know what a drunk person looks like," Katya Kushner, one of the passengers, told the Moscow Times, which had a reporter travelling on the flight...

"At first, he was looking at us like we were crazy. Then, when we wouldn't back down, he said 'I'll sit here quietly in a corner. We have three more pilots. I won't even touch the controls, I promise'."

Complete story here.

Sounds like the Russkies need a little TSA training for their pilots...I wonder if they have a Sheriff Joe over there. Think he'll have to spend any time in Tent City?

SFW

No comments: