Monday, October 27, 2008

Interesting Study


(Butler Plaza is a large strip shopping center in Gainesville)

Yesterday I did a rare, sit-down lunch at Butler Plaza. Outside the eatery, I passed a homeless guy with a sign that read "Vote Obama, I need the money." I laughed.

In the restaurant my server had on an "Obama 08" necktie. When the bill came I told the server I was not going to tip him and explained to him that I was practicing the Obama re-distribution of wealth concept.

He stood there in disbelief while I showed him a ten-dollar bill and told him that I was going to "redistribute" his tip to someone who I deemed more in need; the homeless guy outside.

I went outside, gave the homeless guy $10 and told him to thank the server (gave him his name) inside as I've decided he could use the money more. The homeless guy seemed genuinely grateful (surprised me).

Based upon the waiter's reaction to my unscientific study, the redistribution of wealth is an easier thing to swallow in concept than in actual practical application. I will be continuing this study until November 5th.

Thanks WAMK!
.

No comments: